Step 1: Create CNAME Record
- Log into your domain provider's website.
- Enter the Domain Manager section. Every provider calls this section a different name; some of the more common names are: Manage Domains, DNS Manager, or Zone File Settings.
- Create a CNAME record. Your provider may ask for these fields:
- Alias - This should be a subdomain like "slideshows". Entering "slideshows" will result in "slideshows.mywebsite.com" pointing to SmartSlides
- Type - Choose "CNAME"
- Points To - Enter "custom-domains.smartslides.com"
Step 2: Set Up Custom Domain
- Log into SmartSlides
- Enter Preferences > Domain
- Enter your custom domain name (e.g. "slideshows.mywebsite.com", without "http://"). Please note that the custom domain value may not be longer than 64 characters.
- In the Custom domain field and click "Save".
That’s it! Within 15 minutes, you should be able to access the slideshows under your custom domain. In some cases, however, DNS propagation may take up to 72 hours.