Step 1: Create CNAME Record
- Log into your domain provider's website.
- Enter the Domain Manager section. Every provider calls this section a different name; some of the more common names are: Manage Domains, DNS Manager, or Zone File Settings.
- Create a CNAME record. Your provider may ask for these fields:
- Alias - This should be a subdomain like "slideshows". Entering "slideshows" will result in "slideshows.mywebsite.com" pointing to SmartSlides
- Type - Choose "CNAME"
- Points To - Enter "custom-domains.smartslides.com"
Step 2: Set Up Custom Domain
- Log into SmartSlides
- Enter Preferences > Domain
- Enter your custom domain name (e.g. "slideshows.mywebsite.com", without "http://")
- In the Custom domain field and click "Save".
That's it! Within a few hours, your DNS propagation will be complete and your custom domain mapping is done. Note that DNS changes can take up to 72 hours to propagate across the entire internet.